[Paraview] paraview 64bit on MacOSX

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:52:26 EST 2007

You can't build ParaView in 64 Bit because you have to build against
Carbon, which is NOT (at least the GUI Part) going to make the
transition to 64bit technology. Thank Apple for that.

In order to Build it the following would need to happen.

Apple port carbon gui to 64 bit

or

Qt changes to Cocoa for their underlying OS X implementation, then
you could build paraview against cocoa.

OR you find a new X_windows implementation that is 64 bit on OS X
(Good luck, they are all based on Carbon) and build ParaView 2.6.x
against X Windows.

About the only choice you have is to build VTK against Cocoa and try
your 64 bit problems against that.

Sorry for all the bad news.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer