[Paraview] Interactive Widget Updates and Large Data

Andreas M. Gerndt andreas at louisiana.edu
Thu May 31 10:25:26 EDT 2007

I used Paraview 3.0.1 (prebuild and own builds) on my Opteron and our Itanium
systems. I am mainly interested in the evaluation of large-scale datasets.
And ParaView 2.6 was a big help. But with the new version, inputs in Qt
control widgets yield an immediate update of my visualization even if I still
type in some numbers. But this approach results in long waiting times during
the setup of render properties etc. already whith smaller datasets.

Can this observer widget behavior be configured?

Andreas

Andreas M. Gerndt
Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise
University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL)
537 Cajundome Boulevard
Lafayette, LA 70506, USA
Office: (337) 482-9609
Fax:    (337) 735-1346