[Paraview] Building a PlugIn for v3 for an existing Reader (OpenFOAM)

Bernhard Gschaider Bernhard.Gschaider at unileoben.ac.at
Tue May 29 10:19:10 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to include the reader found in

VTK/IO/vtkOpenFOAMReader.cxx

into the Paraview3-GUI with a PlugIn. I'm using two sources of
information:

1. http://paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo
2. Examples/Plugins/GUIReader from the PAraview-Sources

To me they seem to contradict each other. 1 says that I need a
server-Plugin as well in 2 (and the neighbouring directories) I see no
trace for that. From 2 I derived this:

CMakeLists.txt:

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})
ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(OpenFOAMGUIPlugin "1.0"
                    GUI_RESOURCE foamReader.qrc )

foamReader.qrc:

<RCC>
    <qresource prefix="/ParaViewResources" >
        <file>foamReader.xml</file>
    </qresource>
</RCC>

foamReader.xml:

<ParaViewReaders>
  <Reader name="OpenFOAMReader"
          extensions="controlDict foam"
          file_description="OpenFOAM Files">
  </Reader>
</ParaViewReaders>

When I run ccmake on this I get this message when configuring:

 You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library OpenFOAMGUIPlugin without any source
 files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file

Compiling generates nothing.

Am I missing something embarrasingly obvious? Or did I misunderstand
something?

Bernhard

PS: I also tried adding this to CMakeLists.txt

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(OpenFOAMSMPlugin "1.0"
                    SERVER_MANAGER_XML foamReader.xml
                    SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES /path/to/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkOpenFOAMReader.cxx)

This generates a .so (although the XML-File is not correct I think)
that loads into paraview but I guess I need the GUI-Plugin to see it
in the File-Open-dialog.