[Paraview] Crash in animation with paraview III

szaghi at infinito.it szaghi at infinito.it
Mon May 28 05:00:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I am very happy for the new 3.0.1 release of Paraview, it
is a big step in future respect the 2.6 version... but I
have a problem; I am not sure how one can create an
animation with paraview III (the "time step" button in the
source editor (parameter) is missing), but I do the
following sequence: I open a vtk file in a folder with a
lot of other vtk files; then, in the "animation
inspector", I add a key frame (property to animate= file
name); when I push the play button paraview crash with the
message "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". I know that
probably this sequence doesn't create any animation
(someone can tell me the correct sequece?), but the crash
is unexpected...
I am using paraview-3.0.1-linux-x86_em64 on a single
processor
workstation (amd64 3800+ with 2 GB of ram).
Stefano