[Paraview] CMake finds QT but says it hasn't when compiling Paraview3

Bernhard Gschaider Bernhard.Gschaider at unileoben.ac.at
Tue May 15 08:19:10 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm having a problem when i'm trying to configure/compile the latest
CVS-Version of Paraview3 on a Linux machine (Centos5 == RHEL5).

When I'm configuring with cmake (version 2.4.6) it finds the QT4, but
at the end of the configuration it says

 Qt UITOOLS library not found.
 Qt GUI library not found.
 Qt XML library not found.
 Qt NETWORK library not found.
 Qt CORE library not found.

I generate the Makefiles and start compiling. It compiles without
problems until it comes to the QT-stuff. There Compilation stops
because the header QObject is not found. When inspecting the compiler
call I find that it only uses -I/usr/lib64/qt4/include/ but not
-I/usr/lib64/qt4/include/QtCore where that file is found. Completing
that call with that option lets me compile that file but of course
make fails with the next.

Funny thing is CMakeCache.txt (and ccmake) both show me, that they
know where to find QtCore (and all the other ''missing'' libraries):

//Path to a file.
QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib64/qt4/include/QtCore
//The Qt QTCORE library
QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/qt4/lib64/libQtCore.so
//Path to a library.
QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
//Path to a library.
QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/qt4/lib64/libQtCore.so

(I'm compiling as Release, by the way, so I think the missing
DEBUG-stuff should not be a problem)

Any hints/ideas? I could of course hand-edit the Makefiles, but that
is not the idea behind CMake, I think.