[Paraview] paraview3beta: isosurface coloring and transparency

W. Bryan Smith bryan at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Tue May 8 01:28:37 EDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:

> > i am running paraview3 beta (cvs checkout today, 2007.05.07)
> > with openmpi, and i am having some trouble getting the surface
> > color widget to show up.  it seems i have to first tell paraview to
> > color by normals, then switch back to color by scalars, which
> > then brings up the color selection button.  strange behavior.
>
> This is a known bug. Someone reported it previously. I believe someone
> in the team either fixed it or will fix it.

ok... i'll take your word for it. :)  i have now looked through all the
paraview3 bugs on the bug tracker and i didn't see it, so if you want
me to report it, let me know.

> i've also found that when some transparency is set, the integrity
> > of the isosurface is poor... that is, there are some raster lines in
> > and other artifacts in the surface.  anyone experienced the same
> > on their build of paraview3?  i am running on linux64 (suse 10.0)
> > with the latest build of the drivers for my graphics card.  i have
> > composite rendering turned off, and am running in server/client
> > mode on a single (4-process) machine.
>
> A screenshot would be helpful in tracing this.

ok, will do tomorrow when at the work machine where this happens.
basically, the image is corrupted in the sense that there are lines and
other artifacts that make it look like the transparency has not been
appropriately assigned to all faces of the mesh.  might be an mpi or
graphics card issue if this has not been seen by other users...

bryan