[Paraview] Extending Broken in 2.6.0

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Mon May 7 11:02:52 EDT 2007

Berk Geveci wrote:
> SetInputConnection() is now the preferred way to connect algorithms in
> VTK (as of 5.0) ...

Thanks!

Here is a related discovery that others might find useful.

I am developing a new reader using (incorrectly) SetInput. When things failed
PV produced a half dozen error messages related to the LSDyna reader followed
by the error message related to my new reader. That is what really threw me -
my reader has nothing to do with LSDyna and looks for a different file
extension. It is almost as if PV, when it couldn't find my SetInput, became
despondent and started wandering aimlessly through the other readers before
committing suicide. Maybe PV is becomming self aware ...

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center