[Paraview] Extending Broken in 2.6.0

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon May 7 10:44:18 EDT 2007

> First, the error message says it was looking for "SetInput" not
> "SetInputConnection".
>
> Second, I thought the name of this routine was arbitrary. The new filter's xml
> for the server manager reads (in part):
>
> <ServerManagerConfiguration>
>     <ProxyGroup name="filters">
>        <SourceProxy name="Cloud" class="vtkCloud">
>           <InputProperty name="Input" command="SetInput">
>           ... more
>
> Since the command is "SetInput" and the C++ class' method is "SetInput" I would
> have thought that was all there was to it. Is that wrong?

SetInputConnection() is now the preferred way to connect algorithms in
VTK (as of 5.0). Therefore, as of ParaView 2.6, we require using
SetInputConnection() instead of SetInput(). In VTK, SetInput() was
kept due to backward compatibility and also to be able to assign data
objects as inputs. We should have documented this better. I apologize.
We will be more careful with documenting this sort of API changes
after 3.0.

-berk