[Paraview] vtkImplicitBoolean + UnstructuredGrids

Vinicius Pessôa vpessoa at lncc.br
Thu May 3 09:54:22 EDT 2007

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for answering again.

Before your
help, I was just using the vtkClipDataSet. By your using vtkCutter idea, I
now have an UnstructuredGrid with its respective scalars making the
contour of my cut / clip. The idea is for me to use this UG as an implicit
function for clipping a vtkSphereSource, so I can get the volumetric
intersection of the sphere with the arthery (thats right, I need the
sphere piece that is inside arthery). But my problems (since from the
beginning) are actually on using the vtkImplicitDataSet feeded by a
vtkUnstructuredGrid. When I use an structured grid, the vtkImplicitDataSet
works perfectly. But using a UG, it doesn`t.

Any Ideas? Amy?
Anyone?
Atenciosamente,
Vinicius Pessôa
Analista de Sistemas

Laboratório Nacional de Computação
Científica
+55 (24) 2242-9498
+55 (24) 8803-7061

> Hi Vinicius,
>
> If you want to fill
the clipped area, you could try the following. In
> addition to
using vtkClipDataSet, also pass your original unstructured
> grid
through the vtkCutter filter. Use the same vtkSphere implicit

function that you used with vtkClipDataSet. Then to put the output of
> vtkClipDataSet and vtkCutter together, you could use
vtkAppendFilter.
> The output of vtkAppendFilter is still
vtkUnstructuredGrid.

Vinicius Pessôa wrote:
>> Hi Amy!
>> Thank
you for answering!

>> And the answer for your
question is yes, I`ve tried to use
>> vtkClipDataSet. The
problem is that I need to fill the clipped area,
>> just like
the Ice Cream example. Then also, I would end up getting to

the old problem, that is having to use my UnstructuredGrid as an
>> implicit function to make operation with a sphere. And also, I
would
>> probably have to sew the two meshes manually.
>>
>> That`s why I`ve changed my path for resolving
this problem to the
>> vtkImplicitBoolean. But, I`ve no
problems with changing my path again.
>> So, if any solution
appears with another tools, I`m all ears!
>> : )
>>
>> Thank`s again for your time!

>> Atenciosamente,

>> Vinicius Pessôa
>> Analista de Sistemas

>> Laboratório Nacional de Computação
Científica
>> +55 (24) 2242-9498
>> +55
(24) 8803-7061

>> > Hi
Vinicius,

>> > In ParaView (or VTK),
have you tried applying the Clip filter to your

unstructured grid? You can use a vtkSphere as the clip function. This
>> > way you don't have to convert your dataset to an implicit
function.

>> > - Amy
>>

>> > Vinicius Pessôa wrote:
>>
>> Hi All.

more like a VTK question. But maybe some of you have had a

>> problem like this.
>> >>

>> I have an UnstructuredGrid witch I must take the difference of it

>> from

vtkImplicitDataSet to turn my UG into an
Function and the using the vtkImplicitBoolean to make its

>> difference (just like the IceCreamBite example, also using the

to the Unstructured
filter stops complaining. Well, as
>> Output
>>
>> I`m getting just the sphere.

through something like this and could get me a

hand, I would really apreciate.

>> Thank`s in advance to you all.

Atenciosamente,

Laboratório Nacional de Computação Científica

(24) 8803-7061

>> > --
>> > Amy Squillacote
>> > Kitware, Inc.