[Paraview] vtkImplicitBoolean + UnstructuredGrids

Vinicius Pessôa vpessoa at lncc.br
Wed May 2 12:19:20 EDT 2007

Hi Amy!
Thank you for answering!

And the answer for your
question is yes, I`ve tried to use vtkClipDataSet. The problem is that I
need to fill the clipped area, just like the Ice Cream example. Then also,
I would end up getting to the old problem, that is having to use my
UnstructuredGrid as an implicit function to make operation with a sphere.
And also, I would probably have to sew the two meshes manually.

That`s why I`ve changed my path for resolving this problem to the
vtkImplicitBoolean. But, I`ve no problems with changing my path again. So,
if any solution appears with another tools, I`m all ears!
: )

Thank`s again for your time!
Atenciosamente,
Vinicius Pessôa
Analista de Sistemas
Laboratório Nacional de Computação
Científica
+55 (24) 2242-9498
+55 (24) 8803-7061

> Hi Vinicius,
>
> In ParaView (or
VTK), have you tried applying the Clip filter to your

unstructured grid? You can use a vtkSphere as the clip function. This

wrote:
>> Hi All.
>>
>> That`s more
like a VTK question. But maybe some of you have had a

problem like this.

>> I have an
UnstructuredGrid witch I must take the difference of it from
>> a vtkSphere implicit function.

Basically, I`m using the vtkImplicitDataSet to turn my UG into an
>> Implicit Function and the using the vtkImplicitBoolean to make
its
>> difference (just like the IceCreamBite example, also
using the
>> vtkSampleFunction). I`ve also added some scalars
to the Unstructured
>> Grid, so the ImplicitDataSet filter
stops complaining. Well, as Output
>> I`m getting just the
sphere.

>> I have also tried the
vtkGeometryFilter, but it had no effect.

>> If
anyone has been through something like this and could get me a
>> hand, I would really apreciate.

Thank`s in advance to you all.

>> [ ]`s

Atenciosamente,