[Paraview] Tensor glyph contribution

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Mar 26 10:39:16 EST 2007

Hi Milan,

We welcome contributions :-) However, I have to admit that, in the
past, there were times when I sucked at integrating them due to lack
of time. Tensor glyph sounds like a great addition. I would suggest
adding it to paraview 3. ParaView 3.2 would be the best candidate
since we are getting close to branching for ParaView 3.0.

-berk

On 3/26/07, Milan Frank <milan.frank at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to offer a small (and my first) contribution to the
> ParaView 2.6 source code. It is a tensor glyph made available via
> server manager. I am using the filter via Python interface and it
> seems working fine.
>
> There is also a little enhancement in the vtkTensorGlyph filter
> itself. It is now supporting a COLOR_BY_EIGENORDER coloring mode. In
> this mode a scalar value 1.0 is assigned to a glyph representing max
> principal, 0.5 with mid principal and 0.0 with min principal
> eigenvector.
>
> The vtkPVTensorGlyphFilter is nearly a one to one copy of the
> vtkPVGlyphFilter. It seems sufficient as there is very little
> difference in the interfaces of vtkGlyph and vtkTensorGlyph.
>
> Please, let me know if there is any interest in such contribution and
> what should be done to make it more useful and easier to integrate
> with ParaView source code. (By another words: is this the standard
> practice to contribute?)
>
> Thanks,
> Milan.

 Berk Geveci