[Paraview] SPH - follow-up on "Viewing meshless data"

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 23 06:13:26 EST 2007

> Are people saying that basically I can only view streamlines, and vector
> type plots?  Or are they saying that they've found a way to read in
> meshless data but plot pressure fields, isosurfaces etc???

If you read in meshless data, you'll get a load of points. You can
triangulate this and then use a contour filter to get plots of pressure
etc. But frequently the triangulation will produce meshes in regions
where you don't want it to. There's also a splat filter for volume
sampling the data, but it's expensive.

If you want something more sophisticated (ie specific), the contact me
off list and I'll add it to my list of "features" that people using
meshless data are interested in.
> Getting a bit lost, but important to me that I make this distinction of
> what I'm after. Basically I would want to view the full range of typical
> CFD like scalar/vector plots surfaces, but without providing the mesh...

Ah, well, there's the rub.You want a meshy-like plot without the mesh.
Above comment holds.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch