[Paraview] Paraview 2.6 and Chromium issues

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Mar 21 10:41:54 EST 2007

I know where that 2nd window comes from. In 2.6, there is a code that
temporarily opens a 2nd window to test for OpenGL  extensions. It
comes and goes quite fast so it may not be noticeable when running
standalone. In client/server mode, it pops on the server side so you
never see it. There is no way to get rid of that, other than hacking
paraview. We fixed this issue in paraview 3.

-berk

On 3/21/07, Terry Jordan <Terry.Jordan at sa.netl.doe.gov> wrote:
> I have encountered 2 problems when running Paraview 2.6 on Chromium.
>
> 1) While running paraview 2.6 on chromium with any conf file (crdemo.conf for example), I open a dataset.  When I hit accept in paraview, a second Chromium rendering window opens over the original chromium rendering window.  This issue shouldnt be with the conf file because I tried it with 2.4.4 and it works as expected.
>
> 2) This issue occurs with bothh 2.4.4 and 2.6 but not with 2.2.1.  When running a tilesort conf and choosing cell to point the colors for scalars become incorrect.  That is all "color by" values appear shades of green and black.  and this is only exhibited when running tilesort not locally (such as crdemo), and doesnt happen in 2.2.1.
>
> So I am resigned to running 2.2.1 for the time being.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
>
> I am running SuSE 10.2.
>
> Thanks,
> Terry

 Berk Geveci