[Paraview] Can pvserver run without X server?

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Wed Mar 14 13:29:14 EST 2007

Hi Kent,

I cannot answer your first question as I am new to DRI too. For your
second question, we have quite a few computing clusters purchased with
Sharcnet funding (www.sharcnet.ca). These clusters don't run X as their
main usage is "pure computation" --- scientific simulations and analysis,
etc. However, graphics card is installed in each node of the clusters, and
is not exploited at all. We were wondering if we could turn the "computing
cluster" into "rendering cluster"...... That's why I'm so interested in
DRI.

Thank you for your thought.

Weiguang