[Paraview] Can pvserver run without X server?

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Mar 14 13:07:17 EST 2007

Very interesting! It looks like you are right.

The important question is whether ParaView and/or VTK must make
additional calls to use the DRI approach - is there a need to call, for
example, something like "DRI_Initialize"? If so you'll need to figure
out where to put those new calls.

How do you come to have a system with a graphics card but no X server?

Kent