[Paraview] Undefined variables in Ensight Gold Format

Martin Küttler martin.kuettler at gmx.de
Sat Jun 30 04:17:56 EDT 2007

> I too looked at this and found that 'undef' is handled in the ASCII format,
> but not in the binary format. This could the source of your problem.
> Fortunately, a small hack to the binary reader should not be too difficult
> to add.

Hi Mark,

In ASCII format the file is read correctly, but I think the nodes with
undefined values are not displayed the way they should. In fact, I don't see
how the 'undef' keyword changes the displayed data at all.
I attached an example to show what I mean. The central node should have an
undefined value, but its value is displayed just like that of any other node.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about VTK or how easy it is to add new
cell types, so I can't help you there.

Regards,
Martin