[Paraview] Displaying a List of Strings in a popup [ParaView 3]

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:15:23 EDT 2007

I am writing a plugin for ParaView 3 and I am going with the idea of
having ParaView 3 autogenerate the GUI for my Reader. (We are
prototyping at this point).
    I need to retrieve a list of Strings from my Data File to display
to the user so the user can then select one of those string values. I
generally understand all the C++ code part. It is the Server Manager
XML that I am getting hung up on. I have been reading through the
ParaView book and looking through some of the XML files in ParaView 3
source code. It would seem I need something like:

<StringVectorProperty
         name="PhaseName"
         command="GetPhaseList"
         information_only="1">
         <SimpleStringInformationHelper/>
      </StringVectorProperty>

I know I need some sort of Information Helper so something.. Could
someone shed some light or point me to an example? Whether the list
is in a popup or traditiional List box does not really matter. If it
can ONLY be done with a list of 'ints' I could hack something
together to make that work...

Thanks
--
Mike Jackson