[Paraview] No scalars menu in gradient filter

Peter Delmont Peter.Delmont at wis.kuleuven.be
Thu Jun 28 09:50:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

In the manual about the 'gradient filter' in the 'Paraview Guide'(page
187), three different menus are mentioned, which should specify the
gradient to be calculated.  Namely: the "input" menu, which specifies
the file, the "Scalars" menu, which specifies the scalar from which
the gradient has to be calculated, and the "dimensionality" menu,
which specifies the dimensionality in which the gradient needs to be
calculated.

When using paraview 2.6, only 2 menus appear on the screen, the
"scalars" menu is missing.  When applying this filter, the new file is
exactly the same as the previous file.
When using paraview3.2 for exactly the same problem, the "scalars"
menu appears on the screen, but when I select it, ParaView crashes
with the error message: "segmentation fault".

I`m using the .vti AMR HierarchicalBoxDataSet format, with pointing to
. vti ImageData files.
Anybody has some explanation for this behaviour or hints how to solve
this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Peter