[Paraview] paraview 3.0.1 build on MacOS X is brittle

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:34:15 EDT 2007

I _think_ some of the point of moving from tck/tk to Qt for ParaView
III was so that X11 was NOT needed and a standard OS X application
bundle could be created and distributed. So, assuming Kitware
provided a prebuilt Universal binary Application bundle for ParaView
III, then fink is no longer needed to install ParaView.

Just my Opinion.

Also, is there an option in Qt 4.x to build as X11 and NOT Carbon? If
there is NOT, then you have NO hope of creating a ParaView III based
on X11 on OS X.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer