[Paraview] Getting started with paraview

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 11 14:56:30 EDT 2007

Daniel,

In general the following configuration works best for most.

- pvclient (run on your desktop)
- pvserver (run with MPI on your cluster)

Simply start the pvserver on your cluster (something like "mpirun -np 8
pvserver"), then start the client with the server machine name and port
on the command line (something like "pvclient --server-host=foo.bar.com)

Also I do NOT recommend the use of dataserver and renderserver unless
you really, really have a good reason to do so.... :)

  Brian Wylie - Org 1424
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
  (505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833