[Paraview] how to run paraview inside a vncserver?

Theodore Omtzigt theo at stillwater-sc.com
Tue Jun 5 12:29:01 EDT 2007

We are running a computer configuration where multiple engineers share a
server by using vncserver instances. The vncviewer runs on our desktops. I
installed ParaView but when we are trying to start it inside a vncserver
instance, we get the error:

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":2.0"

.

vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x865cac8): Could not find a decent visual

.

vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x865cac8): GLX not found.   Aborting.

So how does one resolve this particular issue? We are running Centos 4 on a
Intel Core 2 Duo.

Theo