[Paraview] Problem with Calculator

Liang-Der Jou landerjou at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 15:39:15 EDT 2007

I have a dataset with 3 coordinates, x-velocity,
y-velocity, and z-velocity, and I want to calculate
the flux at a section with the calculator.
The goal is to first compute the velocity component
normal to the section, such as a * x-velocity + b *
y-velocity + c * z-velocity.
I could do (a * x-velocity) or (b * y-velocity), but I
got inconsistent results when I tried (a * velocity +
b * y-velocity). I got different results even when I
replaced b with zero.
Any idea what went wrong?