[Paraview] Multi-Block Plot3D Data

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jan 31 10:12:48 EST 2007

The multi-block support is getting better with every release. The
current multi-block support includes:

* Extracting blocks with Extract Datasets and Extract Group filters
(Group == Block)
* Grouping of multiple datasets to multi-block with Group Datasets
* Coloring by group (apply level scalars and then color by GroupIdScalars)
* Most of the filters can be applied to multi-block datasets.

There are some limitations:
* Multi-block datasets cannot be volume rendered (they have to be
converted to "simple" dataset using Convert to Simple Dataset)
* Multi-block datasets cannon be analyzed through picking

We will be working on improving this support in ParaView 3.

-berk

On 1/30/07, Shradha Budhiraja <shradha at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have some multi-block Plot3D Files that we are working on using paraview
> 2.6. These files load up as one single component, even though the geometry
> file defines different parts. The same data when loaded in Ensight comes up
> as individual components. We were wondering if paraview supports multi-block
> data in its real sense. Also, is there any sample multi-block data on the
> web that we could view to know the expected behavior of Paraview when such
> files load up.
>
> Thanks
> Shradha

 Berk Geveci