[Paraview] January snapshot of ParaView III

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jan 10 10:40:32 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

I posted the January snapshot of ParaView III. The download links and
announcemets for all snapshots cam be found at:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III_snapshots

This snapshot includes binaries for Windows, Linux (32 and 64 bit) and
Mac OS X. The source can be obtained through CVS.

Here are some the things we have been working on:

* Improved python support. We added a programmable python filter. The
python source can be entered on the object inspector.
* Better default values for the object inspector. These are computed
based on the input. For example, the default maximum length of the
streamlines is now computed based on the input size.
* Pipeline browser improvements:
   - it is now possible to change inputs as well as add multiple
inputs to filters that support it
* Further GUI improvements
* First pass at annotation: we added a text source. This allows
creation of an arbitrary number of labels on the display. The text can
be moved by clicking and dragging. There are some glitches with the
interaction. We will fix this soon.

There is still very little documentation. Look at
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III to get more information on the new
features. We will continue adding more documentation to this page as
we progress. We will also start working on online documentation this month.

Have fun.

--
 Berk Geveci
 Kitware Inc.