[Paraview] Using my own filter as plugin

Patrick boenzli patrick at orxonox.net
Sun Jan 7 06:12:33 EST 2007

hi paraview-wizards,

I'm currently implementing my own filter (vtkAlgorithm) as an external
module (paraview plugin). For testing purposes, I just copied the source
of the standard vtkPVGlyphFilter (you can also select this filter from
the Filter menu as "Glyph"). I also copied it's client/server xml data
for the interface.

How can I now use this filter in paraview?

When I specify a source and load my module ('Import Package") my filter
is added to the "Selection Window" but drawn gray (somehow looing
inactive). The filter is not applied to the source. If I right-click on
my filter in the "Selection Window" to see the context menu paraview
fails with a segfault.

What confuses me is that the module is a 1:1 copy of the paraview module
compiled as shared lib (module) and that I'm not able to import and use
it in paraview.

Did I do something completely wrong?

Thanks for your guidance.
Patrick