[Paraview] Not understanding large memory use

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Fri Jan 5 09:50:22 EST 2007

Thanks for the hint. I am now using an ExtractVOI to look at the sub
volumes that I want. The only downside to this is that I can not look
at "off angles". I can only compare the orthogonal axis.. which may
be fine for now but at least I can now bring in my meshed surface and
do a comparison of how well the mesh conformed to the original images.

On a related note. I have a 16 node AMD64 Linux Cluster at my
disposal. Sadly it is just acting as a CVS server at the moment..
what a waste. Each node has 2GB of RAM. How involved is it getting
Paraview running so that I can distribute the rendering to all the
nodes? And would this help me out in this situation?

Thanks.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer