[Paraview] glx.h, glXGetProcAddressARB, debian build

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Wed Jan 3 06:23:01 EST 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Moreland, Kenneth wrote:

> Ricardo,
>
> Can you explain again what the problem is?  I just checked the output from one of our Mesa builds, and we get the same output you describe below.  It is a check to set the VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS CMake variable.
>
> That variable controls whether vtkOpenGLExtensionManager must declare glXGetProcAddressARB before using it.  Even when this test fails, glXGetProcAddressARB is still used.

I've redone everything... It was my fault. I'm building against the Open
MPI implementation and they've got something wrong with their install scripts.
A wrong path to the mpi_cxx.h is given in the mpi.h file. After correcting
that all compiled ok. I was set of track because I'm compiling with
make -j 4 to speed things up and the error message gets buried in the
process.

Right now it has compiled paraview 3 from the cvs OK. When trying to run
it I get:

2007.01.03 11:17:42
rreis at umdrum: /usr/local/share/paraview3/bin
5001.0 $ ./paraview_alpha
./paraview_alpha: error while loading shared libraries:
libpqComponents.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I've included the path to the library in the ld.so.conf and made ldconfig
to no avail. any ideas?

  all the best,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  <http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt>

  &

  Cultural Instigator

  n.p.: Rádio Zero http://radio.ist.utl.pt