[Paraview] glx.h, glXGetProcAddressARB, debian build

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Tue Jan 2 14:02:32 EST 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Moreland, Kenneth wrote:

> The trunk of the ParaView repository is currently dead as we move to ParaView 3 (which has a significantly different directory structure).  It does not compile for anyone (although I don't know if it is that particular issue).  Try checking out the ParaView 2.6 branch (tagged ParaView-2-6) and try again.
>
> -Ken

Hi Ken

Well, what I've done now was to checkout the Paraview III and try the
compile but the problem subsists:

Determining if glXGetProcAddressARB exists in GL/glx.h FALSE with the
following output:
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3_linux32/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report
/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3_linux32/CMakeFil
es/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1
Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3/VTK/R
endering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.o
/usr/bin/c++   -Wno-deprecated  -Wno-deprecated     -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/home/rreis/on_hold/pa
raview/paraview_III/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.o -c
/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/para
view_III/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx
/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx:
In function
  'int main(int, char**)':
/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx:33:
error: '
glXGetProcAddressARB' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: ***
[CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3/VTK/Renderi
ng/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/paraview_III/ParaView3_linux32/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
make: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

Any thougths? I'm using the mesa stuff that comes with debian, should I
get it and compile it myself? What opengl library are you using, mesa? my
version is 6.5.1-0.4

  all the best,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  <http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt>

  &

  Cultural Instigator

  n.p.: Rádio Zero http://radio.ist.utl.pt