[Paraview] large elevation data file

Jack Gundrum jsg3 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 22 10:25:38 EST 2007

Paul,

Thanks for your response. Actually I got the data from someone running
windows who was using a VTK script to down sample it by a factor of 4 to
get it to load.
I am using a 64-bit Linux box with 6 GB of ram that will load the data
file in ParaView but crashes if I try to apply a filter. I tried to run
on a cluster in client/server
mode but was unable to load the data because of the file size (unable to
allocate xxx float error) . The whole data set will not load at all in
VTK (64-bit build).
It just seems to big to work with as a single file so should I break it
into smaller files for ParaView, and would that fix the (unable to
allocate xxx float error)?