[Paraview] vtkInformation Error in Paraview 2.6 (any changes to vtkInformation class since v 2.5??)

shawn mckenzie shawn.mcknezie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:07:30 EST 2007

All,

I had a complete working filter in Paraview 2.5 that took in two inputs:
Input (vtkDataSet) and Source (vtkMultiGroupDataSet). In porting the code
over to work in 2.6 I stumber across the following error:

Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file:
/root/paraview-2.6/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx
(688)
 vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0xe992e18): Algorithm
vtkDistanceToGrid(0xeb0c550) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
(0xebbe290)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 177879
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  GROUP: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  INDEX: 0
ErrorMessage end

The error is repeated for each group of the multigroup dataset input, with
the GROUP: value incrementing.

Does anyone know of any possible changes through versions, or any other
reason why this error would be occuring?
I have included the pvsm and xml files below.

Thank You in advance
Shawn

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
       <ProxyGroup name="filters">
          <SourceProxy name="DistanceToGrid" class="vtkDistanceToGrid">
            <InputProperty
              name="Source"
              command="SetSourceConnection">
                <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
                    <Group name="sources"/>
                    <Group name="filters"/>
                </ProxyGroupDomain>
                <DataTypeDomain name="input_type"
composite_data_supported="1">
                      <DataType value="vtkDataSet"/>
                </DataTypeDomain>
            </InputProperty>
            <InputProperty name="Input" command="AddInputConnection"
clean_command="RemoveAllInputs" multiple_input="1">
                    <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
                        <Group name="sources"/>
                        <Group name="filters"/>
                    </ProxyGroupDomain>
                    <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
                           <DataType value="vtkDataSet"/>
                    </DataTypeDomain>
            </InputProperty>
           </SourceProxy>
       </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

<ModuleInterfaces>
 <ServerManagerFile name="DistanceToGrid.pvsm"/>
 <Module name="DistanceToGrid"
    root_name="distToGrid"
    replace_input="0"
    menu_name="Distance To Grid"
    module_type="Filter"
    long_help="distToGrid"
    short_help="distToGrid">
   <Filter class="vtkDistanceToGrid">
     <Input name="Input" class="vtkDataSet"/>
     <Input name="Source" class="vtkDataSet"/>
   </Filter>
   <InputMenu trace_name="Input"
      property="Input"
      label="Grid/Voxet"
      help="Set the space to evaluate:"
      input_name="Input"
      initialize_with_current="1"/>
   <InputMenu trace_name="Source"
      property="Source"
      label="Drill Hole"
      help="Select the drill hole to measure distances:"
      input_name="Source"/>
</Module>
</ModuleInterfaces>