[Paraview] PV 3.2.1 Crashes When Showing UInt8 Vector

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:01:19 EST 2007

Berk Geveci wrote:
> We can't reproduce this on OS X and Linux. You said 2.6.1 displays
> this dataset fine. Are you running it on the same machine?

Yes, both 2.6.1 and 3.2.1 are on the same machine.

> The only
> difference in rendering between 2.6 and 3.2 is that 2.6 does not use
> display lists by default and 3.2 does. Can you go to Preferences ->
> Render VIew and turn on Use Immediate Mode Rendering? Does that make
> a difference?

Test: change setings; load data; change from solid color to color by varaible.

Immediate=on Strips=on => crashes
Immediate=on Strips=off => works
Immediate=off Strips=on => crashes
Immediate=off Strips=off => works

The results are the same for 2.6.1 and 3.2.1 except that the last case cannot
be selected in 2.6.1.

Changing from a case that works to one that usually causes a crash does NOT
cause a crash if the change is made while the object is still displayed. Thus
the desired case must be set before loading and displaying the data.

> Are you doing anything other than simply loading and
> rendering this object?

No