[Paraview] Client server problems in running 3.2.1 on SVA

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Dec 18 14:25:36 EST 2007

Problem 1: Do not use mpirun with the paraview executable.  The ParaView
client is a serial application and should not be launched with mpirun.

Problem 2: Only launch the server with one mpirun command.  Use the -np
argument to mpirun to specify how many processes you want the server to
run in (in your case, probably 2).  If your MPI environment it set up
right, mpirun will automatically launch it on n2 and n3.  If not, either
change your MPI configuration or provide a machines file to mpirun to
specify on which hosts to run on.  The instructions for doing that vary
based on MPI implementations and installations.  Talk to your system
administrators for more information.

-Ken