[Paraview] Saving movie offscreen

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Dec 14 16:58:11 EST 2007

If you can run pvserver on your powerful desktop and connect to it with
the paraview client running on the laptop, then there's another option
for you to save animation overnight without the laptop connected:

Note that in this configuration you are no longer forwarding X to your
laptop using "ssh -X". With the client connected to the server on your
desktop, set up your scene. Now when you go to the save animation
dialog, the "Disconnect before saving animation" check box should be
enabled. When checked, the client disconnects from  the server before
saving of the animation begins. After the client has disconnected, the
server still continues running until it has finished saving out the
animation.

Utkarsh