[Paraview] dark color scheme

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Wed Dec 5 09:50:59 EST 2007

Robert Cimrman wrote:
> clinton at elemtech.com wrote:
>> I tried that (Keramik style and your color scheem), and paraview uses
>> it just fine.  I'm not sure what your problem is.
>
> Ok. I will try to track the problem (maybe I have some stale files lying
> around). Thanks for your help.

The problem was really in an old file. I had Emacs.ad resource file in
.kde/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults/ which contained

#define FOREGROUND gray100
#define BACKGROUND black

leading to the following message during paraview start-up:

QColor::setNamedColor: Unknown color name 'gray100'

Apparently this stopped setting the other colors.

thanks again,
r.