[Paraview] Debugger for Paraview 2.4

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Apr 18 13:36:58 EDT 2007

I almost always compile ParaView with shared libs and often load ParaView in a debugger.  I've never had a problem with seeing the debug information in the shared objects.  I've done this on several systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows) and with several different types of debuggers (gdb, idb, TotalView, MSVC).

Could it be possible you are connecting to the wrong shared libraries?  That's not likely unless you have turned of rpath in CMake, but I would check with ldd nevertheless.

Could it be possible you are looking for symbols with your debugger before the shared libraries are loaded?  Try letting ParaView run to where it waits for user input and then break and check again.

-Ken