[Paraview] Paraview performance

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 10:56:16 EDT 2006

One way of pinpointing  the bottleneck is to look at Window -> Timer Log. I
am guessing IO is the problem here. However, clip filter might be also
taking a long time with 4.5 million cells on 1 processor.  I recommend
switching to at least binary. A 4.5 Gb ascii file is ridiculous. A format
that supports compression like the VTK-XML formats might also help. Also,
are you using the cut or clip filter?

-berk