[Paraview] step time display

SamuelKey samuelkey at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 23:41:12 EST 2006

Greetings Luc,

Regarding getting a time stamp in your animation frames, I am familiar
with three readers: pvd/vtk, EnSight, Exodus. Of theses three, only
exodus will provide a time stamp for an animation (or snap-shoot).

I talked to the person who wrote the exodus-reader and he indicated it
was rather complex to get the time info from the data structures within
ParaView. I have attached a file that contains the script used by
ParaView when processing an exodus database. You will note that it
contains an exodus-specific function. So, I do not think it will be of
any use except with an exodus database.

Your question is frequently asked -- I once ask it myself, and it will
be asked again. It looks to me that your only option currently is to
output your data using the exodus format:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=exodusii

It is not easy to write an exodus formatted file, but the exodus reader
is in ParaView is quite good.

Regards,

Sam Key