[Paraview] Question about mangled mesa/osmesa

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed May 31 17:34:55 EDT 2006

As of FC5, Fedora has stopped shipping libOSMesa because the upstream
mesa project has made it very difficult (impossible?) to build a single
libGL that supports both DRI and OSMesa.  I'm looking into packaging a
mangled mesa version for Fedora Extras that paraview could use.  My
question is: when using VTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA, is the resulting paraview
able to use both the "native" OpenGL (Mesa with DRI in this case) as
well as the OSMesa library provided by the mangled version, or do you
need separately compiled paraviews for the two uses?  I'm assuming the
former is the case when using VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA.

Thanks!

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222