RES: [Paraview] client/server display problem - Problem Revisited!

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Tue May 23 12:18:27 EDT 2006

Hi John,

I'm not an expert but I've faced this problem recently trying (for several
times) to compile and run PV in offscreen mode.
Your message is not an error message. It's a message warning that you don't
have rendering resources on your server and that you're not using (or PV is
not able to run) in off screen mode.

Have you launched pvserver with --use-offscreen-rendering flag?

Cheers

NOTE: After 4 times I finally compiled PV with Mesa ;-)

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro