[Paraview] client/server display problem - Problem Revisited!

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed May 24 12:06:52 EDT 2006

I've compiled paraview (server side) with osmesa but I always get the
error message shown in the snapshot attached (on the client side).
Options for paraview include use offscreen and use osmesa

I note that although mesa supplies GLU and OSMesa32, the vtk/paraview
libs (eg vtkRendering) are all still linking against libGL - which in
turn uses X.

Here are some settings

>  OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR               /home/biddisco/Mesa-6.5/include
>  OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY                /usr/lib/libGL.so
>  OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY               /home/biddisco/Mesa-6.5/lib/libGLU.so
>  OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR         OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>  OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR               /home/biddisco/Mesa-6.5/include
>  OSMESA_LIBRARY                   /home/biddisco/Mesa-6.5/lib/libOSMesa32.so
>  VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA            ON
>  VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS                OFF
>  VTK_USE_CG_SHADERS               OFF
>  VTK_USE_DISPLAY                  OFF