[Paraview] clean to grid question...

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Tue May 23 10:33:02 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,

I have a silly doubt regarding the "clean to grid" filter (just to confirm
my suspicions...).

This filter is able to merge entities that are within a merging tolerance
according to the PV guide. I guess it's a wonderful feature to work with
partitioned models due to parallelism without having to rebuild the original
(non partitioned)  model. However, when cleaning interfaces due to
paralellization (those surfaces between MPI partitions) it seems that the
user MUST apply the "append datasets" filter before trying to cleaning it,
isn't it?!

This question came to my mind after loading a model with the SOS format in
PV-2.4.3. I know, I know, the Ensight readers have not been working fine in
PV-2.4.3 yet and some filters are not associated with the reader
accordingly. When using parallel file formats the user have several parts of
models (written in different files) that are loaded together as it was only
one file and model, so, the need of the "append datasets" filter, I think,
is not evident. Maybe, the "append datasets" should be automatically called
when loading parallel formats.

Regards

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias