[Paraview] AMR Related Filters

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon May 22 07:07:49 EDT 2006

Amr Abdel Aziz wrote:
> I'm new with paraview ,I need to do some visualization on AMR
> structured files (such as isosurface) but the current latest ParaView
> release (windows version),doesn't include them in the filters menu  .

the current latest version is 2.4.3. You can create an example of AMR
data from the Source menu, using "Hierachical Fractal" which creates an
object of type Hierarchical AMR. You will see that the filters are
multi-block- (and AMR-) aware. No need for a special set of filters.

You presumably have your own data simulation. in what format? Writing a
reader for it might not be too difficult based on the example of
multi-block readers available in paraview.

JF
--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/Favre.php