[Paraview] Compilling PV with offscreen support

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu May 18 14:13:11 EDT 2006

Hi all,

After that discussion regarding client/server modes in PV I got curious
about how the offscreen rendering would work on the system I have access.
Since then I've been trying to compile PV with MPI and offscreen rendering
support. I haven't found on the ParaView Guide (old version) how could I do
it. I've already locate the Mesa library on the system I'm trying to compile
PV (SGI Altix) but I'm not sure if I need the VTK compiled with Mesa and
which field should I fill in on the cmake's configuration. Does anyone could
guide me?

Thanks for any help

NOTE: I guess a short instruction on the Wiki page regarding this topic
would be very helpful.

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center