RES: [Paraview] client/server display problem

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Tue May 16 09:28:02 EDT 2006

I guess, you've been facing the same problem with X servers and
client/server connections than me...

Take a look:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2006-May/003032.html

I'm a bit confused about how PV 2.4.3 deal with client/server connections.
In PV 2.2.1 it was not necessary X11 forward to have PV working in CS
connections. The error message I've reported only appears when I try to do
the same procedure with PV 2.4.3 that I do with PV 2.2.1. I thought that the
pvdataserver didn't have nothing to do with the pvclient's GUI on the client
side. For me, the dataserver was only in charge to load data and dispatch to
the client through the network connection. Am I wrong?! Is it a bug, a
change or we're doing the wrong thing?

Thanks in advance

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias