[Paraview] N Render Server nodes and M Data Server nodes

Christophe MEYER cyberchrist at hotmail.fr
Mon May 15 10:52:37 EDT 2006

Hello,

The context is: using ParaView in Parallel, having N Render Server nodes and
M Data Server nodes, with N<M.
I have read the ParaView Guide (v 2.4) but it is not clear in my mind
whether the remaining M-N Data Server nodes are contributing in the data
transfer between the Data Server and the Render Server (sending data to the
connected Data Server nodes on an as demand basis), OR the remaining M-N
Data Server nodes are remaining idle (after they sent all their data to the
connected Data Server nodes).

See ParaView Guide (v 2.4), figure 95 (page 117).

Can you enlighten me ?

Kind regards,
Christophe.