[Paraview] PV 2.4.3 crashing when running in parallel mode

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu May 11 16:08:03 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been trying to run Paraview 2.4.3 compiled with MPI in a SGI Altix
system but after lauching the pvdataserver I got the following error
message:

[rnelias at saturn bin]$ mpirun -np 4 pvdataserver -rc -ch=xxx.yyy.zzz.www

Connect to 146.164.31.212:11111
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
MPI: aborting job

The pvclient was left waiting in reverse connection mode (pvclient -rc) in
the Windows XP system as I'm used doing with PV 2.2.1 (which works fine for
the same configuration). So, what could be happening?!

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro