[Paraview] 2.4 CVS / vtkOpenGLPainterDeviceAdapter error

Simone Crippa crippa at kth.se
Thu May 11 12:07:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been experiencing annoying problems using the latest (yesterday)
CVS 2.4 Paraview sources compiled on an AMD64-machine. Paraview behaves
well until I try to _visualize_ the result of a cut through a
vtkCellDerivatives derived dataset. I am using non-MPI Paraview locally.
(as the MPI binaries exit with a segfault 11 when doing this)

Pipeline:

     1. Load Ensight gold dataset (vtkGenericEnsightReader)
     2. compute derivatives (vtkCellCenters)
     3. convert cell data to point data (vtkPCellDataToPointData)
     4. cut with plane (vtkCutter)

... so far everything's fine ...

after changing into the "Display" tab to visualize the vorticity cut
dataset, I get a bunch of these errors:

[...]
ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in
file: /usr/local/src/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLPainterDeviceAdapter.cxx (436)
 vtkOpenGLPainterDeviceAdapter (0x4568100): Unsupported attribute index:
4
ErrorMessage end
[...]

Through trial and error I discovered that the settings "Use Immediate
Mode Rendering" and "Use Triangle Strips" have an effect on the _amount_
of error messages :-)

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is? Concerning the
compilation, I didn't change any ccmake default compilation flags ...
maybe that's the problem?

Regards, Simone

--
Simone Crippa