Fwd: [Paraview] MPI makes Paraview slower?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:08:58 EDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at gmail.com>
Date: May 9, 2006 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Paraview] MPI makes Paraview slower?
To: "W. Bryan Smith" <bryan at ncmir.ucsd.edu>

Let's try to debug this:

1. You said if you open the same file and isosurface on 1 processor, it is
faster, right?
2. Please verify that you are rendering locally by checking off the
Composite flag in 3D View Properties.
3. When you load the image and you only see the wireframe outline, does it
render slow?
4. Open the timer log from Window -> Timer Log, push Clear on the upper
left, cause a render (rotate a bit), hit Refresh. What do you see on the
timer log?

-Berk