[Paraview] how to modifiy shaders variables / how to use user-written mappers

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Thu May 4 10:57:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have some questions about the use of materials and mappers in paraview :

1 / suppose I have my own material, which use a variable. Take for
instance the GLSLTwisted material which have a "Rate" variable. How can I
access/modifiy this variable?
Can I write some XML file like the ones for user-written filter and
associate a "vtkSMProperty" to the variable in a server-side xml file, and
an client-side xml where I describe my interface?
2 / I have written a specific mapper. How can I have acces to this mapper
in paraview? How could I modify the interface to set specifics of this
mapper?

Thanks,
Stephane

Stéphane Ploix