[Paraview] streamline surface seeding

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:25:42 EST 2006

There is. I am attaching a custom streamline module to do it. To get it to work:

1. Checkout the 2.4 CVS branch for paraview (ParaView-2-4). I had to
fix two bugs to get this to work. 2.4.3 does not have these fixes.
2.4.4 will when it is released. Compile.

2. Put the two files I am attaching in a directory, something like
ParaViewModules. Set the PV_INTERFACE_PATH variable to this directory
(full path).

3. Start paraview.

4. Choose the source to streamline from

5. Apply Filters->Stream Tracer (2 inputs)

6. Set the Source to a seed source (only polygonal allowed, but it is
easy to change this)

If you need to reduce the number of seed points, you have to apply
some sort of decimation algorithm to the geometry, such as quadric
decimation. Let me know if it works for you.

-Berk